Get Certified In Principles of Production and Inventory Management (PPIM)
The Principles of Production and inventory management have always played a significant role in the rise in manufacturing productivity. Only qualified and skilled employees with an awareness of how operations contribute to a firm’s continuing growth in today’s competitive market may help a company gain a competitive advantage.
The target audience for this course is anyone working in the field of production and inventory management, as well as anyone in a closely connected industry like purchasing, accounting, marketing, engineering, or data processing.
- Manufacturing Strategies and Resource Management
- Product and Process Design
- Forecasting and Forecasting Techniques
- Production Planning and Master Scheduling
- Materials Planning
- Capacity Planning
- Project Management
- Intermittent Production Systems
- Continuous Production Systems
- Fundamentals of Inventory Management
- Inventory Methodologies and Lot Sizing Techniques
- Lean and Waste Elimination
- Purchasing and Procurement
- Warehousing and Materials Handling
- Quality Strategies
- Facilities Location and Transportation
- Distribution Management
- Final Exam
The program consists of a number of assessment tools. These include homework and class assignments for each session, a fist assessment (mid-term assessment) based on the content of the first eight sessions, and a final assessment based on the final eight sessions of the course.